Sunday, September 09, 2007

Lovin' your hood.

Singaporeans are the citizens of this nation called Singapore
I am a Singaporean and I'm proud of it so I stand tall
Some motherfuckers in this country talk like they ain't what they are
Singaporeans this, Singaporeans that. Look in the mirror and recognize - Singaporean, you are!
Too many a time have I heard a Singaporean dissin' Singaporeans
Hypocrisy from a huge fraction of this nation of 4 million.
Way too many locals talk like they ain't proud of being from here
Gives me the vibe that they rather be from Japan or Korea.
What they don't know is that life here is good compared to many other places
Its a lot safer, cleaner and we don't got hoods that are organised by races.
We are all somehow interwhined like 'em fat shoe laces
Hand in hand, no matter our colour, religion, tradition or tastes
Thats why we are what we are, mixed in a way though we may be of only one race
Check out the way we talk, walk, think and express
Unique as fucking hell, these are the things we should embrace.
Singapore might not be perfect but I'm still gonna brag
I love it here man, if Singapore was muh homie I got his or her back.
All y'all motherfuckers takin' life here for granted need to wake up
In the words of Afrika Bambaataa, get a check up from the neck up.
We gotta be proud of where we're from cos this is our culture
This place is muh hood and muh home forever, the red dot of Asia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home