Monday, December 25, 2006

RIP James Brown, The Godfather of Soul

James Brown, known to many as the Godfather of Soul, passed away on Christmas Day this year. Sad, sad news.

For those who don't know this great man, he is probably the most influential individual in music over the past 50 years. He had huge influence on Funk, Soul, Hip Hop, R&B, Rock, Metal and several other genres. He was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1986 and has over a hundred hits topping charts everywhere all over the world over the last 5 decades. He was a very charismatic and influential figure. He is known as "The Most Hardworking Man in the Business" and his music has been sampled by countless artistes throughout his career.

Without JB, Bboying may not even exist today. He did a dance which he called the "Good Foot". His style of dance influenced kids in the ghetto of the South Bronx to dance and as time went on, the dance progressed and became Bboying. Ask any of the legends of Bboying and James Brown would definitely be on the list of people who influenced them enourmously.

Though I don't know the man personally but I feel like I have lost someone dear to my heart after knowing of his death. I have always felt his music the most when I breaked.

James, if your record happens to come on during my 1-on-1 battle or cyphers in Indonesia, I will definitely rock it with all my heart and soul.


RIP JAMES BROWN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home