Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Boy & Girl

The poem below was written by me for class on Monday. Special thanks to Method Man, CrafG and my team mates who contributed ideas.


Here I’ve stood through summers and winters
Much I’ve seen as I grew and withered
Stories of peace, unity, love and fun
Under the goodness of the moon and the sun
Days and nights pass, as I remember
A tale of love written to last forever
Here it began in a time of many struggles
And here it blossomed through lollipops and cuddles

He was her Mister and she was his Misses, with hugs and kisses
There was no need for lovey-dovey cards and birthday wishes
They sailed hand in hand in a ship of relation
“Don’t ever let go” was promised here with passion
Lil’ hearts exchanged, lil’ pinkies locked
Embracing life’s moments as Grandpa ticked and tocked
Slowly, back and forth, on my arms they hung
Watching the stars as they swing and they swung

Lil’ treats and secrets, sweet nothings they shared
Time slowly revealed they were destined to be a pair
But like everybody else, they learnt life is never fair
For nothing-lasts-forever’s a burden we all have to bear
As always, I waited with him for his her
She was late but he knew she would turn up for sure
Seconds became minutes and minutes became hours
But he waited patiently in my company of flowers

Night finally fell and the stars came out to play
It was time for Mr. Sun to rest and call it a day
He stood up and gazed at the sky through the leaves
His palms embraced in prayer, “Keep her safe, please.”
Off he ran, in a haste, down the hill
And there I stood, lonely, wishing Jack would find his Jill
He returned at dawn, with her favourite Lolli in hand
In the other he held a piece of paper and a pen
Tears started escaping the grasps of his eye
The clouds cried with him as sadness overwhelmed the sky

“Dear Girl, I wish I could have found out earlier
It cuts me deep to know that you are no longer here
I hope you are in a happier place than before
Our ship will sail again and not be stuck on the shores
Fret not, I’ll be waiting, even till the end of time
For I’m forever yours, and you’re forever mine.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home